Wednesday, April 20, 2011

So here we are, I guess...

I guess I let this stand as my first blog for this project! I am Cameron Olson, an avid young cattleman and soon-to-be high school graduate, as well as a newly admitted Texas A&M University Freshman (so long as I graduate). As far as cattle go, my family and I own about 25 purebred Limousin cattle, with a few odds and sods thrown in for good measure. Among those odds and sods are two purebred Maine-Anjou, three commercial Simmentals and the only two purebred Beefmaster females in Canada at this point. By no means are we the largest outfit in the country, but we pride ourselves on having quality animals we can depend on. To this end, it helps that Dad works in Calgary at an office job, because he can finance all of the cattle hobbies! As a result, we have been able to piece together a small but efficient herd based more on quality than budget. I am proud to say that I am also living on the same farm that my grandparents worked. Grandpa Morris also raised Limousin cattle, way back before I was even thought of, and was a pioneer in the show steer industry. To my knowledge, Grandpa sold or owned five Grand or Reserve Grand Champion Market Steers at Calgary 4-H on Parade, and Grandma Morris was well known for her efforts as a Limousin Booster. I come from humble roots, and I am proud to live in Alberta's beef country.

No comments:

Post a Comment