Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The End is Nigh

Not really, but tomorrow marks the last day of judging for the Marketing component of Summer Synergy. That also means that Summer Synergy and Stampede are only 10 days from commencement! Thanks to all of you for being stalwart readers of my agriculture adventures. Though I plan to continue this blog, it may start to come at you from the angle of a maroon-blooded Aggie, rather than as strictly an agricultural blog. With the start of Summer Synergy so near, it has drawn my attention to the fast-approaching day of my departure for Texas. As of the last day of the show, I will have only three weeks to make good all debts, organize my personal belongings, and say final farewells to those of you who I won't see again for another four years, if ever. Thanks for supporting me in my quest for a scholarship. Thanks to all the sponsors who may be reading this for making this competition possible, and thanks for eating beef and keeping us all just slightly out of the red!

Till Later, as this is by no means a goodbye,

Cameron Olson
My Cattle World
The question is not, "Am I ready for Texas?", but is rather, "Is Texas ready for me?"

3 comments:

  1. Cameron, I hope you have an awesome experience at Texas A&M. I also attending school in the U.S. I went to K-State - so technically that makes us rivals! What made you decide to go to school in the U.S. I still live down here so if you need any help let me know.

    www.crystalcattle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, I guess that does make us riveals. I contemplated K-State for a while (As you know they have a great judging team. Shaake is amazing), but I decided on A&M for their reputation. I bleed Maroon, you bleed Purple. Not so different! I decided on the states because of the way they allow me to specialize my Animal Sciences a little more. Rather than make me take everything, they don't mind if I don't take Dairy Sciences or any poultry classes. I will for sure let you know if I have any questions, thanks Crystal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck. I hope you have an awesome experience. I really want to come down for an A&M Football game to see there marching band. Whatever you do make sure you get football tickets, nothing like college sports in the states. It will make you feel very proud of your school.
    www.crystalcattle.com

    ReplyDelete